Grand Kombit to Clean up P-A-P yeah!
I have a big proposition and I am asking ALL Haitians around the glob to think about it first before reacting, thank you!
Remember how Haitians have been criticizing the government for refusing to clean up the streets of P-A-P?
Well, here's my proposition.
I am calling on all of those so-called political organizations, associations, clubs run by Haitians in the diaspora, and I am calling on all Haitians around the world to get together in Haiti and have a kombit to clean up the streets of Port-au-Prince.
Here's how it should be organized in order to be a successful Kombit:
1) First, there should be a committee made by Haitians, and maybe with some foreigners who are friends of Haiti, for example, in US, Canada, France, the Bahamas, etc...
with tight and ongoing communication with each other to coordinate the whole thing.
2) Once those committees are in place, we then will organize fund raisers to collect an unlimited dollar amount.
3) With all of the monies raised, we buy perhaps 3 to 5 garbage trucks, wheelbarrows, shavels, lawnmowers, etc...
and we can also loby some cities around the country to donate some of their used garbage trucks as well because the more the better.
4) We ship all of these equipments to Haiti, but we'll make arangements with the port authorities making sure that we don't run to any red tapes, and bribery so can get everything out of custome as quickly as possible and at free of charge.
5) While everything is being organized, we get intouch with the mayor of P-A-P, the minister of health and sanitation for assistance by providing us all of their resources, manpower/labor force for the full succes of this grand kombit.
6) Once in Haiti, we will hire some local workers and pay them maybe $15-$20 USD a day in order so they can in turn contribute to the local economy.
And, we will also hire a few women to cook rice and beans, etc...
to feed the workers (lunch).
Finally, we all will bound for Haiti either January first 2010, which is the aniversary of the nation, or any date that marks a national holiday or something.
You can inject your 2 cents wherever you see fit, but for now this is my plan and I am sticking to it, lol.
But in all seriousness, what do you guys think of this plan?
C'mon guys! we cannot just keep criticizing and getting all emotional about how things are bad back home and pass the opportunity to put our money where our mouths are. I know it's a big endertaking, but we can do it if we really want. Remember the old saying, "where there is a will there is a way."
What do you say guys?Return to Message List